The Max M. & Marjorie S. Fisher Foundation was formed in 1955 and endowed following the death of Mr. Fisher in 2005. The Foundation’s core philosophy is grounded in the beliefs of its founders and the family's shared Jewish values that life’s purpose is found in service to others.
The mission of the Max M. & Marjorie S. Fisher Foundation is to enrich humanity by strengthening and empowering children and families in need. While remaining flexible in our approach we give priority to: Providing for the needs of and ensuring the future of the Jewish people and to respecting our legacy and commitment to the Detroit community. Areas of critical importance include education, arts & culture and health with particular attention to HIV/AIDS. During the course of the last ten years the Foundation has placed in motion over $134 million on three continents.